At Lighthouse, we have a wonderful group of hard working agents trying to write quality business. Because we know we are not your only carrier, we appreciate your business all the more! This month, we want to try to help break down a few eligibility guidelines that have changed recently or can be confusing. We hope this helps you, our valued agency partner, with picking the right risks for the right Lighthouse program.
- PEX Plumbing: Until recently, PEX plumbing was ineligible in all programs and states. In February 2014, we have amended our PEX plumbing eligibility guidelines. If the original year of construction for the dwelling is 2002 or newer, the risk can have PEX plumbing. Any risk built prior to 2002, including risks where the PEX has been installed since 2002, is not currently eligible in any Lighthouse program.
- Ineligible Dog Breeds: Lighthouse has expanded our list of ineligible dog breeds to include dogs such as the Bull Mastiff and Rhodesian Ridgeback. Any risk with an ineligible breed of dog is not eligible with Lighthouse for coverage in any program, regardless of the liability coverages selected.
- Multi-Family Dwellings in the Dwelling Fire Programs: Currently, we are only accepting single family dwellings or duplexes. Larger structures including 3- and 4-plexes and apartment buildings are not eligible to be written with Lighthouse.
- Burglar Bars: All burglar bars are required to have a form of quick release mechanism for the risk to be eligible for coverage.
- Insured to Replacement Cost: Unless writing an Actual Cash Value policy or a renter’s policy, all dwellings are required to be insured to 100% replacement cost.
- Loss History: In all our policy applications, we ask for the insured’s loss history. It is important to note that we are asking for the insured’s history at any and all locations and the loss history is not only for the insured location.
For more information on eligibility guidelines, please visit the Manuals button after you have logged into our website, where we provide our Underwriting Manuals and the current Quick Reference Cards.
The information provided here is only applicable to Lighthouse Property Insurance Corporation and should not be construed as underwriting guidelines for general knowledge.