We protect your most valuable assets. Like peace of mind.

We wrote our first ever insurance policy in Louisiana – it’s where we started. So we know exactly what it takes to protect your family and home. Our local agents understand the unique insurance challenges here, and can help guide your way to the right policy. Whether you live along the coast or inland, Lighthouse policies are built with reliable coverage you can trust.
couple on couch

Louisiana Insurance Policies

Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners insurance is the most important step you can take to protect your home and belongings. A Lighthouse policy offers both property and liability protection. We cover loss or damage to your home and belongings, including from hurricane, fire, lightning, windstorm, hail, explosion, smoke, vandalism and theft. We also cover increased living expenses after a loss if your home can’t be lived in. Lighthouse policies include personal liability coverage, which compensates for judgments, legal expenses and medical costs when you are found liable for damages or injuries to others.

Condo Insurance
For condominium owners, this comprehensive policy covers loss or damage to additions and alterations to the unit, including those resulting from a hurricane or other catastrophic event. We also cover your personal belongings if they are damaged or stolen, and we cover your increased living expenses after a loss if your home can’t be lived in.

Renter’s Insurance
A Lighthouse Renter’s policy protects your personal property while renting an apartment, condo or home. This is a packaged policy and includes property insurance covering damage to your belongings, personal liability insurance covering certain legal claims against you as the tenant and limited coverage for medical expenses of guests who are injured on your property.

Flood Insurance
Flooding is the #1 natural disaster in America and can cause costly catastrophic damage. Homes located in coastal areas and “high risk” zones are usually required to carry flood insurance; however, 25% of all flood claims are in “low risk” areas. Physical damage to your property from flooding is not covered under a standard homeowners, condo, renters or dwelling fire policy and requires separate insurance. This policy covers flood damage including overflow of inland and tidal waters, mudflow, erosion along shoreline and rapid, unusual accumulation or runoff of surface water.

Commercial Property Insurance
A Commercial Property policy helps protect the physical assets of your business like the building and its personal property such as tools, equipment, inventory, and furniture. This policy may also include coverage for assets like accounts receivable, computers and lost income from suspended business operations due to a covered loss.

Additional Optional Coverages
If you need protection for something that is not covered such as earthquakes or flood, optional coverages might be available to extend coverage for any gaps. Contact your Lighthouse agent to learn more about these options.